国外网站
当前位置:首页 > 阅读 > 英语阅读

双语阅读|《老人与海》第二十七期

发布时间:2022-03-12 06:16:45 来源:国外网站推荐 更新时间:2024-05-03 10:33:25 人气浏览:

It would be better to gut the dolphin a little later to save the blood in the meat, he thought.

最好稍等一会儿再把这海豚开肠剖肚,这样可以让鲜血留在鱼肉里,他想。

I can do that a little later and lash the oars to make a drag at the same time.

我可以迟一会儿再干,眼下且把桨扎起来,在水里拖着,增加阻力。

I had better keep the fish quiet now and not disturb him too much at sunset.

眼下还是让鱼安静些的好,在日落时分别去过分惊动它。

双语阅读

The setting of the sun is a difficult time for all fish.

对所有的鱼来说,太阳落下去的时分都是难熬的。

He let his hand dry in the air then grasped the line with it and eased himself as much as he could and allowed himself to be pulled forward against the wood so that the boat took the strain as much, or more, than he did.

他把手举起来晾干了,然后攥住钓索,尽量放松身子,听任自己被拖向前去,身子贴在木船舷上,这样船承担的拉力和他自己承担的一样大,或者更大些。

I'm learning how to do it, he thought.

我渐渐学会该怎么做了,他想。

This part of it anyway.

反正至少在这一方面是如此。

Then too, remember he hasn't eaten since he took the bait and he is huge and needs much food.

再说,别忘了它咬饵以来还没吃过东西,而且它身子庞大,需要很多的食物。

I have eaten the whole bonito.

我已经把这整条金枪鱼吃了。

Tomorrow I will eat the dolphin.

明天我将吃那条海豚。

He called it dorado.

他管它叫"黄金鱼"。

Perhaps I should eat some of it when I clean it.

也许我该在把它开膛时吃上一点儿。

It will be harder to eat than the bonito.

它比那条金枪鱼要难吃些。

But, then, nothing is easy.

不过话得说回来,没有一桩事是容易的。

"How do you feel, fish?" he asked aloud.

“你觉得怎么样,鱼?"他开口问。

"I feel good and my left hand is better and I have food for a night and a day. Pull the boat, fish."

"我觉得很好过,我左手已经好转了,我有够一夜和一个白天吃的食物。拖着这船吧,鱼。”

He did not truly feel good because the pain from the cord across his back had almost passed pain and gone into a dullness that he mistrusted.

他并不真的觉得好过,因为钓索勒在背上疼痛得几乎超出了能忍痛的极限,进入了一种使他不放心的麻木状态。

But I have had worse things than that, he thought.

不过,比这更糟的事儿我也曾碰到过,他想。

My hand is only cut a little and the cramp is gone from the other.

我一只手仅仅割破了一点儿,另一只手的抽筋已经好了。

My legs are all right.

我的两腿都很管用。

Also now I have gained on him in the question of sustenance.

再说,眼下在食物方面我也比它占优势。

It was dark now as it becomes dark quickly after the sun sets in September.

这时天黑了,因为在九月里,太阳一落,天马上就黑下来。

He lay against the worn wood of the bow and rested all that he could.

他背靠者船头上给磨损的木板,尽量休息个够。

The first stars were out. He did not know the name of Rigel but he saw it and knew soon they would all be out and he would have all his distant friends.

第一批星星露面了,他不知道猎户左脚那颗星的名字,但是看到了它,就知道其他星星不久都要露面,他又有这些遥远的朋友来做伴了。

"The fish is my friend too," he said aloud.

“这条鱼也是我的朋友,"他说出声来。

"I have never seen or heard of such a fish. But I must kill him. I am glad we do not have to try to kill the stars."

"我从没看见过或听说过这样的鱼。不过我必须把它弄死。我很高兴,我们不必去弄死那些星星。”

Imagine if each day a man must try to kill the moon, he thought.

想想看,如果人必须每天去弄死月亮,那该多糟,他想。

The moon runs away. But imagine if a man each day should have to try to kill the sun? We were born lucky, he thought.

月亮会逃走的。不过想想看,如果人必须每天去弄死太阳,那又怎么样?我们总算生来是幸运的,他想。

Then he was sorry for the great fish that had nothing to eat and his determination to kill him never relaxed in his sorrow for him.

于是他替这条没东西吃的大鱼感到伤心,但是要杀死它的决心绝对没有因为替它伤心而减弱。

How many people will he feed, he thought.

它能供多少人吃啊,他想。

But are they worthy to eat him? No, of course not.

可是他们配吃它吗?不配,当然不配。

There is no one worthy of eating him from the manner of his behaviour and his great dignity.

凭它的举止风度和它的高度的尊严来看,谁也不配吃它。

I do not understand these things, he thought.

我不懂这些事儿,他想。

But it is good that we do not have to try to kill the sun or the moon or the stars.

可是我们不必去弄死太阳或月亮或星星,这是好事。

It is enough to live on the sea and kill our true brothers.

在海上过日子,弄死我们自己真正的兄弟,已经够我们受的了。


推荐阅读

  • 一周热门

  • 小编推荐

  • 最新收录